Egyptian Pita Bread with Wheat Bran by Spinning Grillers العيش البلدي المصري
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a large bowl, add the yeast with the water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 1⁄2 cups of the whole-wheat flour and stir until smooth.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal parts. Shape them into balls and then sprinkle some Wheat Bran on the rolling surface.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough into 8" pitas. Make sure both sides of the dough are picking the bran.
- Pre-heat you Pita Oven and it is as simple as seen in the video.
- Just place your dough in the Pita Oven and let them rotate for 2-3 times until fully cooked.