Zaatar And Cheese Saj Bread
Saj is a Traditional way of baking flatbread using the saj machine, it is a slightly round surface open face machine used in Middleastern region to make flatbread and naan Like bread. ( shown in picture below)
Beside making flatbread you can use this machine to make Zaatar saj bread and cheese breads.
So follow along to make this simple and easy recipe:
For the dough:
Saj Bread Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 31 small spoon of sugar salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of diced provolone cheese.
- 1 cup of zaatar mix with 4 tbsp of olive oil.
Put in the fridge overnight then let them rest at room temperature roll with oil or roll with flour.
Combine the dough ingredient listed above and Rest half hour then divide into balls.
1. On a dusted flour surface roll out one dough ball using a rolling pin, like shown in the picture.
2. Lay the dough on top of the hot Saj machine hot surface. Be safe and careful.
3. Immediately add the topping of zaatar and olive oil and slices of provolone cheese
4. Let the bread cook with zaatar and cheese for about 5 minutes until the flat bread starts to have a golden color and the cheese starts to melt.
Enjoy, Spinning grillers.
You May Also Like...
We found some products that you might also be interested in.