Kunafet, also known as Kenafet, is a traditional Middle Eastern dessert made with thin, shredded phyllo dough or ground phyllo dough, and soaked in sweet syrup-like syrup. It is often filled with a mixture of cheese or nuts and is a popular treat throughout the region.
The origins of Kunafet can be traced back to the Ottoman Empire, where it was a popular dessert in the palace kitchens. Today, it is enjoyed in countries across the Middle East, including Lebanon, Palestine, and Jordan. It is often served as a special treat during celebrations and holidays and is a staple at Middle Eastern sweet shops and pastry shops.
Kunafet is typically made by layering the shredded phyllo dough in a pan then topping it with a filling of choice, such as cheese or nuts. The dessert is then baked on the special Kunafet Oven until it is golden brown and crisp. Kunafet is typically served warm and is often garnished with ground pistachios for added flavor and texture. It is a rich and indulgent dessert that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
The KN-RLG60CM Kunafet Oven:
- Fits 9 Individual Plates or 1 Large 60cm/24inches Plate.
- Automatic Rotation of the Kunafet Plates over the flame.
- 5 Burners Individual Controls for each gas burner.
- Lava Rocks for even heat distribution.
- Electrical Motor - 220V Single Phase.
- Gas Operation – Natural Gas/Lava Rocks
- Easy to Operate.
- Dimensions: 31 1/2" Length X 32 1/2" Width x 11" Height.
- 5 Burners/ Lava Stones.
- Pilot and Thermocouples for safety.
- Natural Gas.
- 220V Single Phase 6-20P Plug.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 4 NSF Certified.